The Sustainable Online Community Engagement Project is a joint venture between The University of South Australia and the South Australian Government, through the Department of Human Services
The project has been running since late 2001 as Community Webs and provides community organisations, which may have neither the skills nor resources, with a web presence, or other communication product, by matching them with students who have the necessary skills and access to resources. Students communicate with community group members primarily through email to produce the work for the group. Web sites can be which can be given to the group to host elsewhere or hosted on www.communitywebs.org
In 2006 this expanded to become Sustainable Online Community Engagement and include a wider range of activities and products, such as television production and other multimedia projects. An important aim in this is that community groups develop the skills to maintain and update their new product.
Examples of projects
- developing web sites
- events management
- developing online and print promotional materials such as brochures
- editing guides, manuals and texts of any genre
- developing communication strategies for an organisation
- producing educational, promotional or community service videos, (authored on DVD) for internal use and external broadcast
- journalistic coverage of events or other items requested by a community group.
The students have a range of skills in Public Relations, Film and Video, Multimedia, Journalism, Creative Writing, Publishing and Computing.
For further information please contact us
Visit and like our Facebook page to receive news and network.