'on the slope towards the sea, and commanding [a] fine view of the Gulf, is Marino, once an inn [but] now the occasional residence of Mr. Kingston' The Register 1851
Built in 1840, Kingston House is one of South Australia's oldest remaining houses. It is still being used today. The quiet beauty and hidden charm of the House and Reserve make it a favourite picnic spot for visitors.
Yet the Kingston Family were anything but quiet and tranquil. George Strickland Kingston and son Charles Cameron Kingston were powerful figures in the political landscape of their time. Browse our site to find out more about this remarkable heritage House.