Rallies are held at selected venues within the Adelaide Hills – mostly within 15/20 minutes of Mount Barker.
We endeavour to secure a regular venue each year, but rallies may move around a bit due to venues changing hands, selling etc. Location of each rally will be advised at time of invitation for registration being sent out each month.
Please respect the property at the chosen venues, and make sure you leave it at least as clean as you found it. Please make sure you collect your horse’s manure and excess fodder and dispose of in the nominated manure pile/rubbish bins available.
Only park in areas designated for float parking/visitors. If you are not sure where this is, please ask a committee member. Please also make sure you leave enough room between yourself and the next vehicle for horses to be tied (if allowed at particular venue), and to be able to load/unload safely and leave.
No riding is to be done in alternative arenas/paddocks at venues without prior consent of the committee. Most rallies will take place in an indoor arena.
Any use of venue facilities outside of club rally dates and times must be arranged privately with the property owners.
Our Regular Venues
Tilling Hill Equestrian Centre
Berry Road, Echunga
View the Tilling Hill Map
- Please follow the signs to the float parking near the Tilling Hill arena.
- Horses can be tied up to floats or there are ½ dozen or so day yards below the outdoor arena that can be utilized.
- Please remember to leave yards as clean as you found them (or cleaner in some cases).
- If you tie your horse in the indoor arena area, you must scrupulously tidy up after them, this includes all manure and sweeping up and removing all hay.
Jeff Evans Indoor
Corner of Wellington and Daniels Road, Wistow
View the Wistow Map
- Please keep main property gate shut off main road once you have arrived at property
- Parking is available in the designated sloping paddock (first gate along the driveway on left)
- Exit to paddock is at the bottom of paddock and following road back up to driveway
- Horses can be tied up to floats (some yards available in old RDA area – ask Jeff's permission to use if required)
Razorback Road, Meadows
View the Kircaldy Map
- Drive past the first house on the left and on through the gates, parking is on and around the roundabout in front of the indoor arena
- Horses can be tied up to floats or there are ½ dozen or so day yards that can be utilized. Please remember to leave yards as clean as you found them.
Strathalbyn Polo Grounds
Callington Road, Strathalbyn
View the Strathalbyn Map
- We typically utilise the arena closest to the entrance gate. Arena location will be confirmed prior to the day.
- Please wear club uniform and present yourself and your horse well, plaiting is not required.
- Please pick up all manure and place in designated areas
- Nominated times & preferences cannot be accommodated on critique days please only register if you could ride between 9am - 4pm inclusive. Please inform me if you are registered to ride AHDC tests and only these times will be accommodated if possible
- A canteen selling drinks and food is available at the club grounds or you may prefer to bring lunch/drinks
- Water for horses is available at a number of points on the grounds
- Our trusty payment post box will be placed with a Committee member's float closest to our arena. Please give your money (in envelope) to any committee member or ask for the location of the post box. EFT preferred.
- This rally will only be cancelled for weather if AHDC cancel their dressage day or forecast for the day is 36 degrees + in the Advertiser the Friday prior - Please check your email on Saturday evening in case of cancellation.
Woodlands Road, Echunga
View the Woodlands Arena Map
- Woodlands arena is an outdoor venue. We highly recommend bringing sunscreen and a hat/cap to wear when not riding, as sun can still be strong even at the end of day.
- There is float parking available in the large roundabout area parallel to the arena. No yards are available.
- During the summer months, we remind riders to keep themselves hydrated, and set their own limits when riding in hot weather. If you need to take a break during your lesson, please move to the inner area of the arena, and re-join the group when you are ready.
Native Avenue, Mount Barker
- Please use the gate off the Pinchbeck firetrack to enter Arkaba Farm (not the main gate that is on Native Avenue). Enter the Pinchbeck firetrack from Native Avenue only.
- DO NOT TRY TO ENTER THE PINCHBECK FIRETRACK FROM THE FLAXLY ROAD – IT IS IMPASSABLE TO CARS & FLOATS.
- Float parking is available opposite the indoor arena and beyond the gate adjacent to the far end of the indoor within the ajacent paddock.
- Please shut paddock gate when entering and exiting
- Wash bay available at entrance end of indoor arena
Goolwa Beach Rides
- If weather is forecast to be very bad (i.e. heavy rain, or strong winds), ride will be cancelled. Please check your emails late Friday – if ride is cancelled, you will be notified by email at 5pm Friday.
- Riders will be grouped in small groups of 2-4, of similar abilities, and will be sent out at 10 minute intervals (quickest groups first). One person in the group will be designated as the trail boss of the group, and will need to take their mobile phone (in case of emergency).
- If anyone is having problems or issues on the day (eg. during the ride, loading/unloading on arrival/departure), please ask a committee member or your group trail boss for assistance.
- There is a designated area of the carpark at Goolwa Beach for Float Parking – please refer to signage, and park sensibly to allow room for other floats.
- You must bring a copy of Beach Permit with you, and keep on you at all times.
- Please read terms and conditions of Permit thoroughly, and make sure you adhere to them.
- We highly recommend bringing sunscreen and a hat/cap to wear when not riding.
- There is a Kiosk at Goolwa beach that supplies drinks and some snacks (icecreams, etc), and there are toilet facilities located opposite the carpark, however, it is advisable to bring your own water for your horse, as we are unsure of water quality on site.
- Please leave the area as clean as found – and take any manure with you.