Unfortunately, our membership for October 2012 to September 2013 is full. Due to the significant interest in the club, our waiting list is also full now. The waiting list will be reopened once it falls below 10. The MBARC Committee apologise if this causes you disappointment. It is imperative that we offer our members the opportunity to regularly attend their club and that classes are kept at a manageable size for both safety and educational purposes. This means that we have made the decision to not extend our membership numbers.
If you are interested in joining MBARC you are very welcome to review our rallies on foot (please see the calandar); however, we will not place you on a waiting list at this time. Please review the website in October 2013, when a decision will be made to reopen the waiting list.
Membership is open to those aged over 18
There are 2 forms of membership: riding, and non-riding. Riding membership is essential if you wish to participate in rally lessons. Non-riding membership is recommended for anyone who handles horses regularly at rallies.
All members are expected to:
- Abide by all MBARC club rules (please refer to the Handbook) and familiarize themselves with arena etiquette (please refer to the Handbook)
- Abide by any set or displayed rules at chosen venues, and to respect the venues’ property
- Attend as many MBARC club rallies as possible throughout the year
- Assist with set up/pack up/clean up at all rallies attended
- Be considerate and courteous to all members and instructors at all times
- Present at rallies in suitable attire and regularly check horse gear is in good working order
- Understand that at the discretion of the committee membership can be suspended or cancelled for disregard of Club rules
The club year runs from 1 Oct to 30 Sep.
Riding membership: $85 yearly membership & $10 joining fee for new members (payable once – not applicable for renewing members)
Non-riding membership (we encourage any regular non-riders who attend rallies and "handle” the horses to take up non-riding membership): $25 yearly membership & $10 joining fee for new members (payable once – not applicable for renewing members)
Rally fees: generally cost $30-40 per rally day. This covers a morning lesson, and an afternoon lesson – cost is flat fee whether you do just one lesson or both. Rally fees may vary for special events, or specially qualified instructors.