MBARC’s vision and mission statement declare that "MBARC values the worth of every individual”. As such, MBARC has implemented a website to ensure the widest ranges of people are able to access and enjoy using our website.
We have considered that some of our visitors will have a form of disability and so it is important to address their needs by providing an alternative means of attaining the online resource.
To ensure your visit is as pleasant as possible we have taken a number of steps our website is as easy to use as possible regardless of the computer, browser and input devices you may be using.
Our current accessibility features include:
- Alternate text detail for images and non-text media
- Association of all data cells in a data table with their headers
- Association of forms with labels
- The incorporation of Java Script (JS) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) has been introduced to enhance the appearance and functionality of the site. If this technology is not available on the viewing platform then alternative content is provided where required to ensure graceful degrading.
- Advanced Style Switching (ASS) to allow user to select levels of viability, including:
- Normal Visibility for general public with no major disability affecting vision
- High Contrast uses maximum contrast of font colour, tables and background; and
- High Visibility adjusts font to larger font size and removes background images.
This website is compliant with W3C WCAG 2.0 Level AAA Success Criteria.
If you feel this website needs improvements or have any suggestions on making it easier to use, please contact MBARC via the Contacts page.